Friday 12 June 2009

A Liberal Dose of the Nurse’s Tawse

I have been getting on with a little bit of long over-due scanning today and came across this old photo that I thought I’d long ago lost and that I thought I’d share with you. I can’t quite recall where it originated but it has been stuck on a piece of cardboard with glue since the mid to late 1980s or early 1990s at the latest which explains its rather sad condition. Suffice it to say that this picture was almost single handily responsible for spawning my interest in nurses and their uniforms as depicted in a dominant role and went a long way in influencing the way in which I tend to depict the characters of the institution staff in my mind’s eye when writing.

2 comments:

Spanking OTK said...

you have a nice blog. I wonder if you like exchange links betwen our blogs.

Let me know!

best regards

Toyntanen said...

I'd love to exchange links - My next blog update will be on Friday this week as i am still away from home so I'll give the Spanking OTK blog a mention and add it to my blog list then. Cheers

Garth