Wednesday 5 February 2020

2020 - Looking To The Future Through Rosey-Tinted Specs

 ...And at equaly Roesy bottoms one is to hope! Ha ha ha ha1

Hi Again psycho-sado fans and spankologists - and a happy new year to you; may the outbreak stay far from your door! Am I the only one who feels as if living through one of those bio-disaster movies wherein everyone is carrying on as usual while in the background the man on the tele is reporting ever-growing - exponentially growing - rates of infection, rapidly mutating contagion evading all attempts at vaccination and empty city streets?... And then the newscaster himself begins coughing....

Oh dear! Anyway - yep! This is indeed my first posting of 2020 - and I feel unaccountably positive for some strange reason; it's like: '2020 is the year it all changes' (the writer turns from the computer, glances over shoulder: 'Please do try stop coughing dear!' Said with an edge of irritability. Pauses to wipe the trickle of blood from his left nostril with his right hand - the action unconscious and apparently not noticed: he coughs himself, and carries on regardless).

So - what do we have coming up for you this year??? ('stop that coughing back there for God's sake - will you!!!')  Well for a start: at long last my first illustrated work is coming to a close.  Started as long ago as 2010 as a collaboratory project with Angela Fox and more as a test of concept than anything else, I am now...roll of drums... delighted to present the front cover!!! (see above)  YAYYYYY!!!  

Well, to be honest, it is sort of a prospective front cover at the moment: In the fullness of time (not too much time I am hoping - I want to get the thing published while there's still a few of you left alive out there to buy the thing!) I'll be getting back to you with some alternative versions and asking for  your collective opinion.

Talking of the latter (obtaining your collective opinion): Right now I am, in addition to finishing off my own projects - did I ever mention I am also halfway through a fem-dom story with a male protagonist? - I am also beginning work on finishing off one of  Robin Stone's projects which he has been putting together in collaboration with the aforementioned Ms Angela Fox for quite some time and which long ago I too had some input.  Exciting times!!!  
 
Anyway: One of the illustrations Robin Stone is considering using (see immediately above) you might have seen before (and a version features in my new work too - but in a very different context). It is an amalgam of a room scene by Angela Fox with figures and various additions and adaptations by yours truly. Now: Robin Stone asked me to change the gymslip on the hanger from it's original navy blue to bottle green (and therein lies a question in itself: Which do you prefer? navy blues or bottle green - or does it not matter to you?).  While doing this (it took mere seconds) I took the opportunity to change the colour of the nurse's dress (the observant - and relatively elderly - among you will have spotted it is actually a past-times staff uniform from a well known UK high street shop 'back in the day'). See below. 
 So - the questions I'd like to pose are: Which do you prefer? Or perhaps you don't like either version - in which case what else would you rather see?  How do you see this scenario playing out - and does it excite you at all; and if so, why? (I should point out at this juncture that neither of these two versions represents the full picture and both are cropped versions so as to close in on what I see as the salient features for the purposes of this post).  

OK - that's it for now. Please don't forget to send up your comments - they won't appear immediately because I have to validate each one before it is published due to certain individuals who had been spamming a while back, but they will appear! Cheers! See you next time!

9 comments:

babycheryluk said...

I think the blue is best,I am so looking forward to your new book I hope 2020 will be your year

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for that! I'm hoping to get at least two of my own works published this year - the illustrated thing I've been working on quite literaly for years and a new thing I started on holiday last year featuring a goodly dollup of fem-dom - and perhaps a couple of Robin Stone's work too. (Posted as anon because of a quirk of my phone but it's me: Garth P. Toyntanen

babycheryluk said...

You still must come and have a drink in Mansfield we have a spoons but as you are a drinker of real ale we have a town centre brew brewery you would like hope you can get soon

Anonymous said...

I've just been looking up Mansfield and it turns out to be just 34-35 mins by train out from Nottingham. Well I've been considering a visit to Nottingham for a while on a nostalgia trip (I've stayed on Nottingham University's main campus a good few times and was at their School of Agriculture and Food Science in Sutton Bonington for a while back in the mid 90s) and when I do I'll let you know and plan in a sojourn up to Mansfield at the same time. Couldbe quite short notice though coz I tend to do stuff off the cuff. Toyntanen

babycheryluk said...

The robin hood train comes to Mansfield centre I could meet you at the train station

Anonymous said...

Dunno when I'll be coming but I'll let you know in good time. I'm out in pubs right now, but sticking in the North London area this time coz hoping to limit it to a two - three day bender but probably in March I'll have a longer binge and then I'll take in a Nottingham / Mansfield visit. No needto meet and greet at the station. I'll head straight down to the nearest 'Spoons - and I'm REALLY easy to spot!

Andy in San Diego and Elsewhere said...

I'm imagining the woman in the black leather dress in the top picture with Dita von Teese's head. If that's OK with you :)

Anonymous said...

That is very ok by me. I'm a great fan! Posted by Toyntanen

greenwellies said...

More than a quarter of a year since we've heard anything. I find I am checking here and at your Tumblr less and less. It must frustrate you -- such a talented writer, with no time to write.